In response to the County Health Order, we have implemented COVID-19 preventions protocols, including modifications to our submittal processes to reduce the need to visit our office.
Please be aware due to the demand and workflow at this time the following processes are taking longer to complete:
- Permit application approvals
- Permit issuance
- Plan review turnaround times
- And emails and phone calls are taking 24-72 hours for a response.
We ask that our applicants/customers allow us to reply to their email or phone call as calling or emailing multiple times adds to the backlog and prevents other clients from receiving our services in a timely manner.
We thank you in advance for your patience, and understanding.
Building Permits and Inspection (BPI) Services
Provided during Business Assistance Center closure
The following describes the services that remain available along with a description of how to contact BPI for such services. The BAC closed on 03.18.2020. This document has been updated to reflect the recent “Regional Stay at Home Order" put out by Governor Newsom on 12.06.2020. Many BPI staff will be working remotely during this time with minimum staff in house to meet the new requirements of this order presented by the Governor. We encourage the public to contact us by email for the quickest response.
Please note that timeframes to receive services may be longer than is typical.
- For general questions, or to speak with an Inspector, please call 916.875.5296.
- All appointments will be by conference call. If one is having problems with our online submittal process, please call 916.875.5296 and someone can walk them through the process. Applicants can always reach out to any staff member via email. Please see the updated org chart as well as our phone/email list of all staff.
- If an applicant feels it is necessary to have a “face to face “ appointment then they should reach out directly to the staff member.
NOTE: We will only accept electronic permit submittals during this time. Please go to our website www.actonline.saccounty.net to apply online and for more information. Additionally, all permit fees will be paid online through Citizen Access Portal www.actonline.saccounty.net.
Submittal of Building Permit Applications:
- Residential and Commercial basic permits (water heaters, reroofs, electrical, etc.) without (not requiring) Plan Review – apply and pay for online. Permits issued within 3- 5 working days as long as all paperwork has been provided. www.actonline.saccounty.net.
- Building Permit applications for projects (SFD, New Structures, Additions, Remodels, Change in Use, etc.) requiring plan review, online submittal ONLY. Submit online through our Citizen Access Portal : www.actonline.saccounty.net
If one has questions about the online portal, they can contact Principal Building Inspector, John Durborough at durboroughj@SacCounty.NET
Production Home Permit Applications:
- Applications will continue to be processed and issued. Questions should be directed to Ana Jurgensen email@example.com
ATTENTION: Due to COVID-19 workload, BPI has modified the cutoff time to obtain a next day inspection.
- Building Inspections are still available. To Schedule an inspection they can go online www.actonline.saccounty.net or call 916.875.5296.
- Beginning Monday April 12, 2021 to obtain a next day residential or commercial building inspection you must schedule your inspection by 3:00 pm the previous working day.
- Inspections may be scheduled by phone at 916 875-5296 or at our website: actonline.saccounty.net (registration required).
- Any issues or concerns in reference to the above can be directed to Bob Ivie Principal Building Inspector 916 876-6013
- ALL permit fees will be paid online through Citizen Access Portal www.actonline.saccounty.net. BPI staff will continue to work on already submitted plan reviews and applications.
It is important to please note that with this new on line process and COVID 19 impacts to staffing,
turnaround times will be longer and we appreciate the community/applicants understanding and patience.